Recently on my mind: Dun lose weight.

Previous Posts

Archives

More Bloggers


My CaReLeSs WhIsPeR-Think UNIT TRUST, Think Agnes

Saturday, November 19, 2005
Weekly Report
My 2nd week in Creative was fine. I basically just assist my supervisor in coordinating and evaluating training programs. We’ve recently taken over the resource center which was previously handled by another department. It’s actually a room with 2 computers with Internet access, some books, magazines and newspapers. Every morning, either me or the other colleague will go collect the newspapers and placed them on the rack and make sure everything in there is in good condition. Well, in my division (training division), there are me and my supervisor and another gal who is also handling staff lockers and uniforms.

In Vishay, there are only 6 in HR but in Cubic, there are 20 of us in the HR dept, including the manager. The discrepancy is becoz of the headcount. Vishay consists of I think 800 staff and Cubic 3000. It’s like 3.5 times more, so of coz HR will have more staff too. Any of you who have been to Cubic will know that the parking lot that’s near to the admin office is very small and space is limited. The main parking lot is so damn far, I tell you. You gotta walk thru the warehouse which is so damn huge. Btw, I’ve been in there a few times. Guess it stores millions and millions of Creative MP3 players and sound blaster.

Anyway, my manager looks like Joanna, or should I say Joanna looks like her (hmm) But it doesn’t matter as long as she reminds me of Joanna when I see her around. The rest…two 18 years old, two 22, then I think got 25, 26, 27, 30...all in that range of age. And there is only one guy in HR hahaha. Iskandar is his name. Let me show you the break down of division for your info.

Personnel Management
Manager-1 (all sorts haha)
Payroll-5 (salary, bonus…)
Employee Adminitration-5 (badges, employment letters, memos and notification…)
Training-3 (in house & external training, resource ctr, forklift & reach truck ID, uniforms & lockers…)
Employee Communication and Disiplin-3 (counseling, employee satisfaction, complaints, dress code…)
Compensation and Benefit-3 (gifts, panel clinic, medical claims….)

My colleague in last mentioned division makes lotsa trips to the hospital. She has to rush to the hospital when one of our staff was about to give birth hahaha. It seemed like she was the one to go deliver. She also has to accompany any staff who really needs to go to the hospital. Then in our dept, you can see alwiz hampers, for new born baby, for marriage..macam macam la. And another thing, there’s alwiz this smth calls donation. Those who want to make contribution for occasion such as staff given birth, staff getting married, or funeral of staff family members bla bla bla, can donate to those who are collecting. So far, I have not donated any coz I dun know these ppl yet. I mean, they won’t even know who I am in the first place man. In the future, maybe will ‘pokkai’ (broke or go bankrupt) Welcome to the working world!
Speaking of bonus that I will only get after confirmation, it’s an interesting one hehe. We receive bonus not only at the end of the year and more times than any other companies I know so far. Maybe Infineon or NS pay bonus like we do? I duno. Tell you later. It’s still early to say anything…still under probation la somebody hehe ;p

Oh yeah, we are allow to take free beverage from the pantry though. They have Milo, Tea and Coffee. They’re not the ready made kind instead in powder form. You decide how you want your drinks to be. For the past few days, those were what I had during tea break. No specific time for tea break, in fact you can eat anything at anytime. Flexibility is being practiced in factory like this anyway. How cool. Btw, I brought food like instant noodles and a tin of biscuits to be kept in my drawer. Those are for tea also hehe.

Until next time, stay tuned.


Post a Comment